REPORT: Chelmsford 0-7 Orient

access_time 8 years ago
Starting XI: Jones; Sawyer, Clarke (C), Sherratt, Omozusi, Benoit, Georgiou, Griffith, Odubajo, Mooney, Bertrand
Russell Slade had the luxury of a fully fit squad to choose from that included three French trialists and three members of Andy Edwards’ Youth Team as the sun shone hard in Essex. 
It was a slow opening period from both sides as both sets of players adjusted to playing again and Chelmsford looked the more dangerous with their direct approach from former O’s man Justin Miller hurling in several long throws. 
Orient had their first chance with 16 gone as David Mooney struck a post but was adjudged offside before five minutes later trialist Benoit brought a save from the Chelmsford keeper after Harrison Georgiou did well to wriggle through the penalty box. 
The O’s came closes on 28 minutes as Benoit whipped a low free-kick in that Mooney stooped to head over. 
The home side almost snatched the lead on the stroke of half-time when City beat the O’s offside trap but Jamie Jones saved excellently with his feet.
Second half XI: Larkins; Lee, Cuthbert, Baudry, Vanderhyde; Cox, James, Vincelot, Lasitman; Lisbie, Batt
The O’s started the second period in more lively fashion as Kevin Lisbie twice went one-on-one with the goalkeeper in the early stages but was twice denied well before Romain Vincelot was denied from a Dean Cox corner.
The O’s were soon in front however after De’Reece Vanderhyde found new signing Shaun Batt with a cross and the former Millwall man controlled well with his chest before lashing home.
Just over a minute later Batt had his and the O’s second after good work from Lisbie and Cox on the right hand side saw him spin at the front post and fire into the roof of the net.
Russell Slade would have been pleased with the fluidity of his side going forward and on the hour mark Lisbie put the game to bed. Trialist Yohann Lasimant unleashed a shot from 30-yards that was pushed onto the post but the veteran Lisbie was only to happy to steer home the rebound. 
The tempo slowed slightly as Orient took their foot off the gas a little but 10 minutes later struck again as Dean Cox popped up on the right hand side and beat two men before drilling a shot that rebounded in off the post. 
Having already struck the post, Lasimant went one better with 78 minutes on the clock as he found space in the right channel and hit a drive into the top corner to put the O’s five up. 
The Frenchman doubled his tally towards the end with another classy finish before Lisbie also bagged a brace with a close finish to make it 7-0.
SQUAD: Jamie Jones, Elliot Omozusi, Gary Sawyer, Romain Vincelot, Scott Cuthbert, Mathieu Baudry, Dean Cox, Anthony Griffith, Kevin Lisbie, David Mooney, Moses Odubajo, Jake Larkins, Shaun Batt, Nathan Clarke, Harry Lee, De’Reece Vanderhyde, Jack Sherratt, Harrison Georgiou, Bertand (trialist), Benoit (trialist), Yohann Lasimant (trialist), Lloyd James, Alex Finney, Josh Uzun, Sinclaire Sandy.