U18 REPORT: Leyton Orient 2-1 Peterborough United

access_time 5 years ago
Tristan Abrahams and Sam Dalby were on target once more as the young O’s continued their 100 per cent start to the season with a hard-fought 2-1 win over Peterborough United.
A goal in either half put Orient on the front foot, and despite Posh reducing the deficit, Orient ensured they kept their winning run going.
The O’s had to rearrange their back four as regular right back Myles Judd was away with the first team at Morecambe. Rian McLean moved over to right back and Teddy Perkins started at centre back for the first time this season, while Steven Alzate was also part of the first-team squad which travelled to the Globe Arena. 
In the early stages, Pat Adamson had a number of chances to get himself on the scoresheet, the closest coming from a shot that was cleared off the line after Posh’s keeper came out to clear the ball, but misjudged the flight of it and left the team open at the back.
Five minutes from half time the O’s finally got the breakthrough. With the ball at his feet, Tristan Abrahams turned the centre half and got his shot away, but was pulled down in the process, giving the referee an easy decision to award the penalty. Abrahams took on the spot-kick responsibility and made no mistake in putting the O’s in front.
The 17-year-old now has eight goals from five games, and he continued to create good chances for himself and teammates throughout the game.
The O’s had a sluggish start to the second half which was unlike Thomas’ side, but with 60 minutes played they doubled their lead.

Forwards Abrahams and Sam Dalby linked up effectively as the latter powered his way past the defender and after Abrahams fed him the ball he was able to slot it calmly into the back of the net to take his tally this season to three goals having made his first team debut midweek as a substitute in the O’s 3-1 Checkatrade victory over Stevenage.
Eight minutes later after the referee awarded another penalty, but this time for Peterborough. Dan Happe used his body to block Cameron Stump and in the eyes of the referee he deemed it as enough for a spot kick. Morgan Penfolo converted from the spot sending Arthur Janata the wrong way.
The O’s remained tight in defence in order to retain their led and also pushed for the goal to finish off the game. Abrahams went close after beating several defenders in the box but took one touch too many and the keeper forced the shot onto the bar.
However, the one-goal lead was to prove enough to maintain the winning start to the season, and they now take a break from league action when they host Yeovil Town in the Youth Alliance Cup on Saturday.
ORIENT: Arthur Janata, Rian McLean, Toby Stevenson, Henry Ochieng, Dan Happe, Teddy Perkins, Andrew Tayaca, Charley Barker, Tristan Abrahams, Sam Dalby, Pat Adamson
SUBS: Ruel Sotiriou, Bradley McClenaghan, Mason Hall, Hector Kyprianou, Aaron Rowe
SCORERS: Abrahams (penalty), Dalby