U18 REPORT: Leyton Orient 3-1 Northampton Town

access_time 5 years ago
The O’s under-18s continued their unbeaten start to the season as they saw off Northampton Town 3-1.
Goals from Pat Adamson, Dan Happe and Josh Koroma helped them to the victory, though Tristan Abrahams was sent off late on.
Manager Richard Thomas continued with three at the back after the success at Stevenage last week, with Teddy Perkins came into the side in place of Myles Judd, and sat in front of a back three consisting of Dan Happe, Rian McLean and Toby Stevenson. Sam Dalby missed the game through illness and was replaced by Ruel Sotiriou.
It was Abrahams who had the first chance of the game in the opening 10 minutes, as Adamson picked up the loose ball deep in the opposition half and fed Abrahams whose shot went narrowly wide.
Northampton didn’t go without chances though. They played a short corner which caught the O’s defence off guard and were able to get a shot away, but Arthur Janata did enough to push the strike onto the post.
However, it was the O’s who broke the deadlock late in the first half through Adamson, who notched his first goal of the season. 
Steven Alzate, who along with Koroma signed professional terms on Thursday, floated the ball in from the corner which Happe headed back in and after a flick from Abrahams, Adamson was able to finish from close range.
That was how it remained at the break, but  10 minutes into the second half the visitors equalised,  with Joe Iaciofano’s glancing header finding a way past Janata after a good ball in from the right by Ben Toseland.
The O’s reacted brilliantly after conceding though and put themselves back in front three minutes later. 
The goal came from another well-executed set piece. Alzate’s corner found Happe in the box and he rose tallest to head the ball into the back of the net. 
The game was still very open, and the O’s had opportunities to finish it off with a third goal. Alzate did brilliantly to hold the ball up in the box and was able to beat two defenders before playing a ball across for Sotiriou whose shot was blocked. 
With three minutes until the final whistle the O’s went even closer after great link up play between McLean and Alzate, resulted in the latter turning his man and firing goalwards, however the Cobblers keeper was equal to the effort. 
Abrahams was shown his marching orders on 88 minutes after an altercation in the box during a corner. 
The game was already into stoppage time when Josh Koroma made it 3-1. Stevenson set the O’s off on the counter attack after his ball up field found Koroma, who beat the keeper and calmly slotted into the back of the net to ensure all three points
Next up for the O’s is a trip Milton Keynes Dons on Saturday for an 11am kick-off. 
Orient: Arthur Janata, Rian McLean, Toby Stevenson, Henry Ochieng, Dan Happe, Teddy Perkins, Josh Koroma, Steven Alzate, Tristan Abrahams, Ruel Sotiriou (Charles Clayden 88), Pat Adamson (Aaron Rowe 90).
Subs: Ernold Haxhiu, Andrew Tayaca, Mason Hall.
Scorers: Adamson, Happe, Koroma.