POST TITLE: Head of Academy Sports Science
RESPONSIBLE TO: Academy Manager/Head of Medical (dual reporting process)
SALARY: Competitive based on knowledge and experience
LOCATION & WORKING PATTERN
The role will be based at the Leyton Orient Training Ground, working 40 hours per week (Monday to Sunday) including evenings and weekends.
- Flexible working arrangements/hours inclusive of days, evenings and weekends.
- Required to work outside of normal office hours, at evenings and weekends, on bank holidays and public holidays.
- Required to work across different bases
TRAVEL: Regular travel to fixtures, meetings and other events in connection with performance of the duties.
- Undertake self-development to ensure knowledge in relation to all aspects of sports science related approach and methods are up-to-date and forward thinking
- Undertake a C.P.D visit of your choice on a yearly basis one to a football based scenario and one in business
- To lead the Sports Science and Medicine programme to deliver a comprehensive programme for all Academy age groups FROM 9-18
- To ensure all data is recorded and placed securely in individual player files using PMA and Benchmark
- To lead on setting and delivery of individual physical and fitness programmes to boys in the part time programme and Academy training programme.
- Delivery of key sessions to include all aspects of physical performance for all players from 9-16 on weekly sessions and the u17-19 daily.
- To work with 1st team and Youth team Physiotherapists in all areas of Clubs medical programme.
- To work with all coaches in the Youth Department to identify individual physical requirements of all players to aid their personal development.
- To integrate with all Academy department staff to deliver a holistic development programme for all players
- Deliver pre-habilitation programme to all age Groups and Coaches.
- Nutritional monitoring, education and delivery of specific programmes where required.
- Work with Professional Head of Sports Science and Academy Head of Sports Science to co-ordinate the delivery of programme of elements involving a team of interns.
- Plan and deliver a CPD programme for the Sports Science & Medicine department.
- To undertake enhancement of specific personal Qualifications and CPD provided by the Club and regulatory bodies.
- To undertake any reasonable requests as set by the Academy Manager.
- Bsc. in Sport Science (Essential)
- Msc. In Sport Science (Desirable)
- Further Sports Science qualifications-I.S.A.K, U.C.S.C.A
Experience of working in at least 3 of the following roles:
- An intern
- An observing role
- A sport development role
- Understanding and monitoring of individual training load
- Understanding of how to capture, manage and evaluate wellness, R.P.E and Hydration.
- Knowledge of how to write, deliver and evaluate gym-based programs.
- Understanding of how to use G.P.S systems to capture live data
- Understanding and sound application of how to deliver movement sessions and warm ups.
- The process of learning in young people (pedagogy)
- Running and designing sports science programmes
- Football (coached or played at a high level)
- Leading a team
- Managing people
- Sport Psychology
Have ICT experience of PMA, excel, word and any other software as required to carry out the duties required for the job.
- Excellent communication and demeanour linked to personal skills
- Have a flexible attitude to work
- A suitable character-strong, optimistic
- Growth mind set-committed to becoming an expert
- The ability to build, maintain and evolve relationships with others
- Intellectually and emotionally sound
- Can adapt to different and changing situations
- Have the drive and enthusiasm to set high standards and achieve company objectives
- Easy and fun to be with-a relaxed professional
- Have a high degree of integrity and personal honesty
- Understands why accountability is important and understands when, why and how to accept this
- Have a full clean driving licence
- DBS clearance
• To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, coaches and young people and to follow the child protection procedures adopted by the FA and the club.
All applications should include a covering letter along with a CV, and should be emailed to Lewis Spencer at [email protected] The closing date for this role is 5pm on Monday, May 21, 2018.