Candidates will be required to participate in match day cover and training sessions during the 2018-19 season. You will be required to cover home and away games on Sundays with a likelihood of some Saturdays needing to be covered.
Successful applicants will have the chance to work in an elite youth football environment and be part of the Leyton Orient multidisciplinary team working alongside coaches, physiotherapists, sports scientists and strength and conditioning coaches. Therapists will be provided with Club kit and medical supplies.
- Provide emergency aid cover for Academy training sessions and matches as required.
- Maintain detailed records for all activates in the department in line with the relevant legislation, policies and procedures, and the security of medical records for the Academy players ensuring complete medical confidentiality within the scope of practice always.
- Implement the department injury prevention protocols through assessment, analysis, delivery and auditing of collected data.
- Work to ensure all requirements of EPPP and Audit process relevant to this role are carried out at the appropriate time.
- Act in a professional manner whilst representing Leyton Orient FC.
ESSENTIAL CANDIDATE CRITERIA:
- Hold an up-to-date pitch side first aid and AED qualification/certificate (First aid for sport/first aid in the work place)
- Be proactive, punctual and flexible
- Have a good understanding of paediatric related disorders/injuries
- Knowledge on developmental disorders/delays
- Currently studying towards or have completed a BSc degree in Physiotherapy/Sports Therapy
- CSP registered or equivalent/HCPC registered of equivalent
- Undergo an enhanced DBS check
DESIRABLE CANDIDATE QUALIFICATION:
- Previous experience working as a therapist (F/T OR P/T) in an Academy setting
- Hold a valid driving license and be able to travel independently as required
- ITMMiF/IFAS/AREA qualified
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and Covering letter to [email protected] by 5pm on Tuesday, July 31, 2018.