REPORT: AFC Fylde 1-3 Leyton Orient

access_time 3 years ago

A Macauley Bonne opener followed by a wonderful Josh Koroma brace secured three very important points on the road.

The first chance of the game fell to the hosts, Danny Rowe popped up in the centre of the box but saw his shot beaten away by Dean Brill in the Orient net.

After a quick start, Orient took the lead four minutes in when Josh Koroma won the battle with his man and found Macauley Bonne on the edge of the box who finished well past Jay Lynch.

The next chance of the game was a goal for AFC Fylde, Danny Rowe picked up the ball 20-yards from goal and drilled a low powerful effort into the corner of the net after 20 minutes of play.

Following an entertaining first 25 minutes at Mill Farm the game began to settle as both sides looked to get the ball down and play. After neat passing play, the home side found the ball in the final third where Nick Haughton had a shot on goal but watched his effort fly over the target.

Haughton was present in the midfield to again chop onto his left foot and fire at Brill, although the effort was matched by the O’s shot stopper.

An excellent spell of possession for Orient ended when midfielder Dale Gorman placed a shot inches past the post with Lynch in the Fylde net rooted to the spot.

Three minutes before half-time Josh Koroma forced his way into the box, through two Fylde defenders and poked the ball into the top corner of the net to restore the lead in unbelievable fashion.

Fylde applied pressure to the O’s late in the first half but solid defending from the back four was enough to see the O’s ahead at the break.

The O’s got us back underway at Mill Farm and were quickest off the mark after Bonne flicked on Joe Widdowson’s clearance into the path of Koroma who advanced into the box and tucked the ball away at the near post.

The hosts went very close on the hour mark, Andy Bond connected with a Fylde cross unmarked at the back post but Josh Coulson was in the right place at the right time to block on the line.

The home side was on top at this point as another cross came in from the left, this time Serhat Tasdemir’s shot on the turn was excellently pushed away from danger by Brill.

After sustained pressure from Fylde, the game settled. Orient enjoyed possession and saw Ekpiteta go close after Jobi McAnuff’s corner floated whiskers beyond the defender’s head.

Koroma went close as the fourth official announced five additional minutes but Lynch was big enough to beat away the strike from the forward.

Late on in stoppage time, Widdowson’s clearance fell to Bond on the edge of the box but his first-time effort cleared Mill Farm.

Orient saw out the remainder of the game in comfortable fashion and the victory kept our unbeaten record on the road intact.

AFC FYLDE: Lynch, Francis-Angol, Byrne (C), Tunnicliffe, Bond, Croasdale, Rowe (Hemmings 90), Philliskirk, Burke (Toure 77), Tasdemir (Cardle 70), Haughton

SUBS:, Birch, Brewitt

GOALS: Rowe (20)

BOOKED: Francis-Angol (5), Burke (42), Croasdale (55)

ORIENT: Brill, Widdowson, Coulson, Ekpiteta, Clay, Dayton (Alabi 80), Lee (Brophy 9), Gorman, McAnuff, Bonne, Koroma

SUBS: Sargeant, Happe, Harrold

GOALS: BONNE (4), Koroma (43 & 51)

BOOKED: McAnuff (63)

REFEREE: Marc Edwards

ATTENDANCE: 2,142 (394)

Upcoming Fixture:
3rd November 2018
National League
National League
AFC Fylde
AFC Fylde
1 - 3
Leyton Orient
Leyton Orient