REPORT: Harlow Town 0-5 Leyton Orient

access_time 2 years ago

First half goals from Matt Harrold and Conor Wilkinson gave the O’s the advantage at the break before James Brophy, Lee Angol and James Alabi hit one each in the second 45.

After a moment of applause in memory of our late Head Coach Justin Edinburgh, Josh wright got the game underway at the Harlow Arena.

We saw a lot of the ball in the opening stages and went close on two different occasions. Firstly, Jordan Maguire-Drew curled a free-kick just wide of the far post from 25-yards.

The second chance came from the left wing as Matt Harrold nodded a whisker wide from an excellent Joe Widdowson cross.

Our dominance paid off as the lads then struck twice in as many minutes to take the lead. Matt Harrold scored the first goal of the new season after excellent work in the box to bring the ball down and finish on the turn.

Moments later, new boy Conor Wilkinson latched on to the end of Maguire-Drew’s perfect through ball and slotted home underneath the out-rushing Josh Bexton in the Harlow net.

Sam Sargeant was called into action for the first time just before the break, he had to be alert and tip Serge Erkarslan’s long range-free-kick away from danger.

A new look O’s side took to the field for the second-half, Arthur Janata was between the sticks with latest signing Lee Angol leading the line.

It was our forward Angol, with the first meaningful chance, James Brophy found his run but the former Shrewsbury Town man could only connect with the post from a tight angle.

Angol was heavily involved in the next move, his tricks confused the opponents who couldn’t keep close enough to him before he found James Alabi, who struck against the post.

Alabi was involved again moments later, his cross found James Brophy in the centre of the box before he calmly slotted the ball home.

Three minutes later, Lee Angol took aim from 30-yards and watched his free-kick arrow in to the corner of the net as the Os’ lead was stretched to four.

Forward James Alabi was in the hunt for a goal and almost found the back of the net from distance, but his well hit left footed strike pinged back off the crossbar and away from danger.

Our front man Alabi, finally got his goal after he tucked the ball away neatly from just inside the box.

Referee Lloyd Woods called time on our first pre-season friendly and the O’s were the victors after a good workout.


FIRST HALF: Sargeant, Judd, Kyprianou, Coulson (C), Ogie, Widdowson, Gorman, Wright, Maguire-Drew, Wilkinson, Harrold

GOALS: Harrold (22), Wilkinson (24)


SECOND HALF: Janata, Ling, Ekpiteta, Happe, Sweeney, Clay, Shabani, Brophy, Alabi, Angol, Sotiriou

GOALS: Brophy (67), Angol (70), Alabi (80)


REFEREE: Lloyd Wood