MEDIA OFFICER, LEYTON ORIENT FOOTBALL CLUB
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
REPORTING TO: Media Manager
LOCATION: Breyer Group Stadium, Brisbane Road, Leyton, E10 5NF
As Media Officer, you will join a small but forward-thinking media and communications team at the heart of a professional football club.
With this opportunity, you will produce content for the Club’s official website (www.leytonorient.com) and various social media channels as well as playing an instrumental role in the production of the Club’s popular match-day publication, E10. You will assist in the management of the Club’s press relationships and will arrange and support Club stakeholders in their various media obligations, amongst more.
This role will require attendance of all the Club’s home and away matches where work may include creation of pre-match content, providing updates on the Club’s social media channels, writing a match report for leytonorient.com and gathering post-match reaction from players and staff.
The successful candidate should be personable and friendly, with an outstanding work ethic and the ability to offer fresh and creative ideas for all forms of content.
The key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Key involvement in the creation of written and creative content for the Club’s official website and various social media channels
- Play a major role on the Club’s match-day content, including providing live-match updates and writing the match report.
- Working with colleagues on timely marketing and commercial activations – helping deliver against sponsorship / partnership objectives
- Working alongside colleagues and Leyton Orient Trust to help publicise community engagement and activity
- Working with Club partners on commercial activations to ensure each partner gets value for money
- Play an instrumental role in the creation of the popular official match-day magazine, E10.
- Assisting in Club-Press relations, including assistance in the management of media obligations for players, staff and other key stakeholders.
- Developing a deep understanding of the performance of the Club’s digital channels to encourage consistent optimisation and improvement.
- Any other tasks as directed by the Media Manager and/or CEO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A full-UK driving license and access to a car.
- Availability and willingness to work unsociable hours, including but not limited to all first-team match-days (home and away), evenings and any Club events that might fall outside of normal working hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent copywriting and proofing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Commitment to creating first-class, accurate and engaging content
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- First class interviewing techniques with players, football staff and board members.
- An understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience using a Content Management System (CMS)
- Previous experience working at a football Club or within a football-related environment is ideal, but not necessary.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a CV and a Covering Letter to Media Manager, Elliot Byrne, at [email protected] by the deadline of 5pm on Monday, September 9.
Leyton Orient is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.