As Media Manager, you will lead a small but forward-thinking media and communications team at the heart of a professional football club.
With this opportunity, you will be responsible for the Club’s media strategy, manage press relationships and producing content for the Club’s official website (www.leytonorient.com) and various social media channels. You will also lead on the production of the Club’s E10 Matchday Magazine as well as the new streaming service, amongst more.
This role will require attendance of the all the Club’s home and away matches where they will lead the Club’s match-day output and press management. You must be willing to work unsociable hours.
The successful candidate should be personable and friendly, with an outstanding work ethic and the ability to offer fresh and creatives ideas for all forms of content.
- Lead on all media output. Plan, produce and deliver content across all platforms, including leytonorient.com, Orient TV and social media channels.
- Manage the Club’s relationships with press, ensuring a proactive and positive presence in the media for Club staff and players.
- Follow the Club’s strategy to actively engage with all stakeholders across all available and suitable platforms.
- Lead on Club communication to media, supporters and staff, especially in reactive situations.
- Ensure the website is regularly updated with informative and engaging content and that all the pages are regularly kept up-to-date.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the performance of the Club’s digital channels, leading the department to drive optimisation and improvement.
- Lead on production of the Club’s popular ‘E10’ Matchday magazine, editing content, managing designers & printers and ensuring the Club are maximising revenue.
- Manage the Club’s new streaming service, including setting up match packages, ensuring the production quality remains high and ensuring it is proactively advertised.
- Work alongside the Club’s commercial and marketing departments to make sure the Club are driving matchday and non-matchday revenue.
- Manage budgets across the department.
- Work alongside marketing and retail teams to ensure timely updating and freshness of Club’s retail website.
- Ensure the timely release of content to meet deadlines and requirements of various Club departments.
- Continue to develop the Club’s tone of voice, brand position and ethos.
- Line-management of the Club’s Media Officer, making sure that tasks and responsibilities are suitably delegated.
- Manage a number of key match-day personnel, including a small intern team, Club photographer and PA announcer.
- Perform other duties as required, which are considered relevant to the post and the objectives of the Club or as specified by the Club’s CEO or Director of Football.
- A minimum of two years within a professional media environment.
- Experience within the football industry would be ideal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of different social media platforms.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure, in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a highly-driven and commercially aware team.
- An enthusiastic and friendly personality, with an ability to build up connections with various members of the community.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Experience with the Adobe Suite is a necessity.
- A full UK driving license and access to a car would be preferred.
- The successful candidate must be willing to work unsociable hours.
To apply, please email CEO, Danny Macklin at [email protected] by the deadline of 5pm on Friday, December 13, 2019 with the following:
- Covering Letter
- Where applicable, salary expectations.
- Nature of references (current employer, former employer etc)
Leyton Orient is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.