Following two recent positive COVID-19 cases within the first-team camp, and with COVID cases rising rapidly around the country, the Club has cancelled this year’s open day as a measure to prevent further positive cases within the Club and its community.
Whilst the Club is confident that the positive results at the training ground have been dealt effectively, it has decided to err on the side of caution to protect players, staff and fans.
Director of Football Martin Ling commented, “In the last few days, we have had a couple of positive tests within the camp at the training ground. We are taking all the necessary procedures to ensure the virus doesn’t spread any further. With COVID cases around the country rising by the day, we believe going ahead with the Open Day would be an unnecessary risk to players, staff and families”.
We will confirm in due course when 2021/22 Season Cards will be ready for collection or dispatch.
If you have any questions regarding The Breyer Group Stadium’s COVID safety procedures, please get in touch at [email protected].