Organisation: Leyton Orient FC
Location: East London & Essex
Contract type: Permanent (Full time)
Closing date: 22 August 2021
• To oversee the development, co-ordination and implementation of all medical musculoskeletal matters in relation to the Academy players.
• To co-ordinate all aspects of medical screening, assessment, treatment and management of rehabilitation schedules of Academy players.
• To provide comprehensive medical support to U18s team including matchday cover
• To support 1st Team Medical staff when necessary
• To oversee all Medical/Health related matters pertaining to all Academy players
• To provide evidence based treatment and facilitate a program of continued professional development
• To provide suitable medical cover for all Academy matches in accordance with Football Association guidelines.
• To oversee management of part-time academy therapists
• To liaise with Academy Manager, Coaches and Physiotherapists concerning all medical/health related matters for Academy players when required.
• To facilitate clinical forum for discussion of all medical related matters, including external support where necessary.
• To educate players on responsible management of injuries and injury prevention strategies.
• To be responsible for referral of Academy players for specialist consultation and any other investigative procedures.
• To be responsible for the maintenance and storage of up to date medical records of all Academy players.
• To provide ‘on field’ first aid to injured players and aid in their removal and dispatch to appropriate facility.
• To be involved in the briefing of Academy players on medical screening, FA doping control programme and, medical research and obtaining written consent.
• To deliver medical/health education programmes for all players and staff when necessary.
• To evaluate current practice on a regular basis.
• To be involved in the counselling process of all Academy players covering medical/health related matters
• To contribute to the recruitment of all Academy medical staff
• To attend briefings, courses and seminars at the Football Association Medical Education Centre when necessary.
• Lead by example being diligent and observant at all times.
• Ensure safety & risk are considered within all projects.
• Ensure a safe and respectable environment for all academy players and staff to maximise their holistic development.
a) BSc/MSc Physiotherapy
b) Valid Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football (ITMMiF)
c) Previous experience working in football / with young athletes
d) Understanding of principles of growth and maturation
e) Valid enhanced DBS check
f) Full UK Driving License
a) MSc in Sports Medicine or related field
b) Understanding of EPPP System
c) Valid Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATMMiF)
d) Experience managing staff
e) Valid FA Safeguarding qualification
• Extensive understanding of Physiotherapy and related disciplines, including their impact on youth athletic performance.
• Experience as an applied practitioner in adolescent medicine.
• Desirable to have experience of a departmental leadership role within elite sport.
• Experience in conducting scientifically underpinned assessment, monitoring and evaluation procedures.
• A confident decision-maker.
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively with players and staff at all levels, with absolute discretion.
• Strong IT skills with the ability to use e-mail, Microsoft Office and analytical software to a high standard. Able to adapt to the demands of the job and needs of the academy players and staff.
• Committed, enthusiastic and passionate about the athletic development of academy football players.
• Dedicated to self-improvement and continuous professional development.
• Willing to follow and promote the philosophy of the Club.
The employee must at all time carry out their duties with due regard to Leyton Orient Football Club policies and procedures.
The employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.
The employee must contribute to encouraging equality and respecting diversity by embedding such values in the workplace and challenging inappropriate behaviour and processes.
Please email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The deadline may be brought forward should a suitable candidate be found.