Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
30 September 2017 Venue Matchroom Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


Vanarama National League

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

PREVIEW: Leyton Orient v AFC Fylde

29 September 2017

The O’s welcome AFC Fylde to the Matchroom Stadium tomorrow (kick-off 3pm) in the Vanarama National League.

Orient come into the game following an impressive fightback in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Aldershot Town.

Cheye Alexander and Matt McClure opened the scoring for the home side before Craig Clay headed home from close-range in the 39th minute. Romuald Boco rounded the keeper in the 83rd minute to level the scores.

AFC Fylde arrive in E10 having failed to win in their previous five matches, falling to a 2-1 defeat to Woking last weekend. Jordan Tunnicliffe opened the scoring in the 18th minute but two goals in quick succession by Joe Ward and Jamie Philpot condemned the Coasters to defeat.

Dave Challinor’s men sit in 20th position, having been promoted as Champions of the National League North last season.

The O’s will be without central defenders George Elokobi and Josh Coulson, the former undergoing surgery for a hamstring injury on Tuesday with the latter ruled out for roughly two months with a groin injury.

New signing Mark Ellis will be hoping to be involved in the starting line-up, having completed a two-month loan move from Carlisle on Thursday.

Orient Head Coach will also be hoping to welcome Club Captain David Mooney back to the squad after the Irishman missed out at the Recreation Ground due to a shoulder injury.


Head Coach Steve Davis ahead of tomorrow’s encounter - here.

New signing Mark Ellis on completing his loan switch - here.


Can’t make the game? Follow live updates through the official Twitter feed, or listen to audio commentary from Dulcet Dave on Ozone.

Audio commentary will be available through the match centre which will appear at the top of the homepage tomorrow morning, with commentary starting 30 minutes before kick-off.

Match report and reaction following the game will appear on

Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT: Leyton Orient 1-2 AFC Fylde

Fylde condemn O's to home defeat

30 September 2017

Jobi McAnuff’s second half strike was not to be enough as the O’s slipped to a 2-1 defeat at home to AFC Fylde.

Danny Rowe’s 15th minute free-kick had given the visitors the lead going into the break, and following the restart Rowe popped up with his second from 30-yards. McAnuff pulled one back with 17 minutes remaining, but the O’s were unable to salvage a point despite late pressure.

After rescuing a point at Aldershot last weekend, Head Coach Steve Davis made three changes to the starting XI. Dan Happe and David Mooney were both recalled to the team while new signing Mark Ellis lined up in the centre of defence for his debut.

Striker Matt Harrold also made his return to the squad as a substitute, while defender Joe Widdowson was side-lined due to a thigh injury.

Both sides made an even start to proceedings and shared early chances through Danny Rowe, whose long-range effort was dragged just wide of the post and James Dayton’s cross in search of David Mooney was clutched by Jay Lynch in the AFC Fylde goal.

Just within the first quarter of an hour the visitors took the lead through a powerful Danny Rowe free-kick which took a deflection off the wall on its way in to Charlie Grainger’s net.

The O’s almost made an immediate response to going a goal behind when Caprice’s low cross was poked just wide by Mooney.
The O’s were in search of an equaliser when Jobi McAnuff picked out Craig Clay on the edge of the box, who found pace and fired an effort at goal only to be denied by the feet of Lynch.

Again, McAnuff was in down the wing before cutting in on to his right foot and sending in a teasing cross which Bonne just missed and keeper Lynch caught.

With three minutes remaining a wonderful bit of skill from McAnuff allowed him to link up with Dayton whose goal-bound effort was blocked before reaching the target.

Orient remained unchacnged ahead of the second half while Fylde made two changes in an attempt to defend their lead.

After an O’s attack was cleared up field, Rowe found space and drove the ball in to the top corner of the net from distance to double the visitors lead.

Mark Ellis almost clawed one back after connecting with McAnuff’s free-kick on the six-yard line, but the defender’s effort was directed over the bar.

The O’s go close again, this time through Macauley Bonne who gets a head on the end of a Caprice cross, but the striker could not keep his close-range effort down to strike the target.

Bonne went close again soon after, this time he glanced his header on the post after McAnuff sent a free-kick in to the near post.

The large spells of possession and countless chances soon paid off when McAnuff nodded in a Dayton cross at the back post to pull one back for Orient as just under 20 minutes remained.

It was all one-way traffic in Orient’s favour when Matt Harrold rose highest direct Dayton’s cross towards goal. However, the striker’s effort was saved on the goalline by Lynch who managed to keep the ball out by an inch.

Continuing to search for that equaliser, substitute Romuald Boco blazed over before AFC Fylde were reduced to 10-men on the 90th minute when Lewis Montrose tripped Caprice to receive a second yellow card.

Four minutes stoppage time was shown by the fourth official, and with less than a minute into it Bonne flicked an effort wide from McAnuff’s initial attempt.

With the man advantage Orient continued to push forward and were awarded a free-kick in the 95th minute when Harrold was wrestled down on the edge of the box, though Caprice could only curl his effort into the wall for what proved to be the final chance of the afternoon.

ORIENT: Grainger, Caprice, Ellis, Happe, Brophy, Lawless (Boco 72), Clay, Dayton, McAnuff, Mooney (C) (Harrold 54), Bonne
SUBS: Sargeant, Sendles-White, Ochieng
GOALS: McAnuff (73)

AFC FYLDE: Lynch, Montrose, Francis-Angol, Tunnicliffe, Bond (C) (Richards HT), Hardy, Rowe, McGready (Jones 68), Grand, Smith (Muldoon HT), Burke.
SUBS: Blinkhorn, Tasdemir
GOALS: Rowe (15 & 48)
BOOKED: Bond (29), Montrose (40 & 90)
SENT OFF: Montrose (90)

REFEREE: Simon Barrow
ATTENDANCE: 4,357 (93)

Advertisement block

Advertisement block