POST TITLE: Chief Executive Officer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chairman & Board
RESPONSIBLE FOR: All non-playing staff
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To lead the business ensuring that all objectives and targets are met and lead to achieve overall company goals.
- To build the presence of the LOFC brand, experience and product set within the local business community and nationally.
- Be responsible for implementing the overall ownership philosophy in terms of people, commercial, culture etc.
- To have the overall responsibility for the commercial performance.
- To line manage via a Senior Management Team, the day to day operations of all non-football aspects of the Football Club.
- To work with the Director of Football to ensure effective and efficient day to day management of the playing sectors of the football club. Within this arrangement, to hold the final decision taking rights, subject to approval of the Chairman and the Board.
- To lead the Football Club’s youth management to ensure that the junior football activity at the Club is successfully and professionally implemented within the rules and regulations laid down by the governing body and produces tangible results over a medium-term period.
- Initiate, develop and implement, in conjunction with the Board, strategies and processes which achieve long-term sustainable playing and commercial success for LOFC.
- Ensure that all activity is carried out cost effectively and efficiently within agreed budgets.
- To ensure that all Club operations comply with statutory regulations in force at any given time and that rules and regulations imposed by the Club’s governing bodies are adhered to.
- Be responsible for all aspects of health and safety throughout the Club.
- Ensure that Club policies with regard to Equal Opportunities and employment are communicated and understood and be responsible for the welfare of all staff.
- To devise and implement, in all areas of the Club’s operations, programmes that target key activities that will deliver specified and measurable performance and outcomes.
- To ensure that the club has a “modern” image especially in digital communication.
- To seek out and develop joint partner promotions with prospective and current commercial partners, public sector and charity bodies.
- Attend Club Board, management and other key meetings and represent the Club on external bodies, if appropriate.
- To positively promote the Football Club and its majority shareholder in all public arenas.
- To attend Supporter Group meetings as required to update Club activities and promote an active dialogue.
- To develop a calendar of key tasks to ensure that Club employees are aware of timings of critical events.
- A minimum of two years’ experience at Senior Management level within a Football Club.
- To be open-minded to the views of others whilst retaining the tenacity to achieve results.
- Ability to grasp concepts and transmit them in plain English to the whole team.
- Demonstrate creative excellence and communication skills.
- Effective and articulate, both in writing and by the spoken word.
- Effective negotiating, influencing and time management skills.
- Identify, address and resolve performance issues promptly and with clear results.
- Have Personal integrity (ability for others to trust quickly) and reliability.
- Straight talking, honest, a strong self-starter a good team player and a willingness to take challenge.
- Drive and determination (gets things done).
- Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Enthusiastic and persuasive.
- Significant experience of setting targets for improvement activity and excellent staff management skills.
All applications should include a covering letter along with a CV, and should be emailed to Marshall Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this role is 5pm on Friday, July 14.