POST TITLE: Head of Academy Recruitment
- Recruit and identify, via the relevant scouts, players of required quality to represent Leyton Orient’s Academy.
- Maintain and enhance the local, (in particular East and North East London) regional and any national scouting to fulfil the above criteria.
- Ensure that scouts report back to the club with quality and in an efficient manner and maintain all such documentation - including uploading information onto the PMA database.
- Ensure that the required recruitment data is produced for EPPP audit.
- Assist scouts working with age groups by providing scout education and making available other training to enhance their skills and knowledge for their jobs (C.P.D).
- Maintain and develop strong links with schools, districts, counties, as well as junior leagues.
- Maintain, develop and evolve relationships with five partnership Football Clubs that have been established in September 2017.
- Plan in co-ordination with the Head of Coaching a festival programme with our five partner Clubs which will be delivered in the school holidays.
- Ensure with the Lead Phase Coach that the correct procedure is carried out for trialists.
- Devise a scouting philosophy that’s in line with the Club’s playing philosophy.
- Plan monthly Talent I.D games that are age and phase specific to play against current Academy age groups at any Club training venue.
- Lead on a bi-weekly recruitment meeting to all full-time Academy staff.
- Up to date FA Talent Identification Course.
- Satisfactory DBS check.
- Up to date Safeguarding workshop.
- Three years of experience working in an Academy or Centre of Excellence with relevant age groups in coaching/recruitment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Availability for flexible working hours.
- IT literacy.
BEHAVIOURS OF A HEAD OF RECRUITMENT
- Excellent communication and demeanour linked to personal skills.
- Have a flexible attitude to work.
- A suitable character-strong, optimistic.
- Growth mind set-committed to becoming an expert.
- The ability to build, maintain and evolve relationships with others.
- Intellectually and emotionally sound.
- Be able to adapt to different and changing situations.
- Have the drive and enthusiasm to set high standards and achieve company objectives.
- Easy and fun to be with-a relaxed professional.
- Have a high degree of integrity and personal honesty.
- Understands why accountability is important and understands when, why and how to accept this.
- Professional playing experience.
- FA Youth Award.
- Coaching qualifications at UEFA ‘B’ Licence and above.
- Teaching Qualification/Sports Science/Business Degree.
- Experience as a line manager.
- Experience as Head of Recruitment.
- Experience as Youth Coach or Head of Coaching.
- Additional work-related qualifications including First Aid and Coaching Qualifications.
All applications should include a covering letter along with a CV, and should be emailed to Lewis Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this role is 5pm on Friday, September 22, with interviews planned to be held the following week.