The Club is seeking a full time Head of Academy Sport Science to lead and oversee the Physical and Medical welfare of all Academy Schoolboy players (7-16) and Professional Development Phase (17-19) working alongside the medical team. To be a member of the Academy Management Team and attend monthly Academy Management Team meetings to assist in the Development and progression of the Academy Performance Plan.
POST TITLE: Head of Academy Sports Science
RESPONSIBLE TO: Academy Manager/Head of Medical (dual reporting process)
SALARY: Competitive based on knowledge and experience
LOCATION & WORKING PATTERN
- Undertake self-development to ensure knowledge in relation to all aspects of sports science related approach and methods are up-to-date and forward thinking
- Undertake a C.P.D visit of your choice on a yearly basis one to a football based scenario and one in business
- To lead the Sports Science and Medicine programme to deliver a comprehensive programme for all Academy age groups FROM 9-18
- To ensure all data is recorded and placed securely in individual player files using PMA and Benchmark
- To lead on setting and delivery of individual physical and fitness programmes to boys in the part time programme and Academy training programme.
- Delivery of key sessions to include all aspects of physical performance for all players from 9-16 on weekly sessions and the u17-19 daily.
- To work with 1st team and Youth team Physiotherapists in all areas of Clubs medical programme.
- To work with all coaches in the Youth Department to identify individual physical requirements of all players to aid their personal development.
- To integrate with all Academy department staff to deliver a holistic development programme for all players
- Deliver pre-habilitation programme to all age Groups and Coaches.
- Nutritional monitoring, education and delivery of specific programmes where required.
- Work with Professional Head of Sports Science and Academy Head of Sports Science to co-ordinate the delivery of programme of elements involving a team of interns.
- Plan and deliver a CPD programme for the Sports Science & Medicine department.
- To undertake enhancement of specific personal Qualifications and CPD provided by the Club and regulatory bodies.
- To undertake any reasonable requests as set by the Academy Manager.
- Bsc. in Sport Science (Essential)
- Msc. In Sport Science (Desirable)
- Further Sports Science qualifications-I.S.A.K, U.C.S.C.A
Experience of working in at least 3 of the following roles:
- An intern
- An observing role
- A sport development role
- Understanding and monitoring of individual training load
- Understanding of how to capture, manage and evaluate wellness, R.P.E and Hydration.
- Knowledge of how to write, deliver and evaluate gym-based programs.
- Understanding of how to use G.P.S systems to capture live data
- Understanding and sound application of how to deliver movement sessions and warm ups.
- The process of learning in young people (pedagogy)
- Running and designing sports science programmes
- Football (coached or played at a high level)
- Leading a team
- Managing people
- Sport Psychology
Have ICT experience of PMA, excel, word and any other software as required to carry out the duties required for the job.
- Excellent communication and demeanour linked to personal skills
- Have a flexible attitude to work
- A suitable character-strong, optimistic
- Growth mind set-committed to becoming an expert
- The ability to build, maintain and evolve relationships with others
- Intellectually and emotionally sound
- Can adapt to different and changing situations
- Have the drive and enthusiasm to set high standards and achieve company objectives
- Easy and fun to be with-a relaxed professional
- Have a high degree of integrity and personal honesty
- Understands why accountability is important and understands when, why and how to accept this
- Have a full clean driving licence
- DBS clearance
• To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, coaches and young people and to follow the child protection procedures adopted by the FA and the club.