POST TITLE: Finance Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: CEO
The Club is seeking an experienced Finance Manager for an immediate / near immediate start to oversee the timely and accurate creation of all annual, monthly and weekly financially led documents and procedures.
The role will be based at the Matchroom Stadium with working hours of Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm plus home matchdays and occasional weekend / evening work requirements
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To ensure the timely and accurate supply of financial accounts and documents to the CEO and Board
- To ensure a prudent but realistic approach is applied to all expenditure and value-added opportunities
- To provide regular and ad-hoc reporting as required plus financial analysis on trends etc.
- Play a leading role in ensuring a precise and coherent transfer of systems, processes and understanding from the Club’s current financial services partner
- To ensure the timely and accurate creation of the Club’s annual budget, monthly / quarterly forecasts, balance sheet, cash flows and management accounts
- To keep abreast of changes within relevant financial regulations and legislation
- Ensuring the timely collection of monies owed to the Club
- Analysing raw data and producing timely management reports
- Full monthly balance sheet review and reconciliation
- Maintaining a strong working relationship with relevant budget holders
- Responsible for accurate completeness of all cash income
- Reviewing and implementing cost-reduction where possible
- Creating and managing the Club’s financial accounting and monitoring systems
- Overseeing the Club’s monthly payroll.
- Producing accurate financial, income and profitability analysis for various Club departments and operations
- Liaison with auditors to meet annual requirements
- Liaison with various external organisations including HMRC, league and The FA.
- Providing regular commentary to accompany financial statements
- Conduct post investment reviews
- Manage any client billing periods
- Overseeing of Club’s stock management
- Ensure compliance of purchasing and tendering Club protocols
- Liaison with suppliers and commercial partners in understanding financials e.g. retail and catering
- Preparation of Club’s annual Report & Accounts
- Assisting the CEO in ad hoc tasks and projects
- A minimum three years Financial Management experience
- ACCA / CIMA qualified accountant
- Experience and competent in use of Sage 200 and Xero
- Ability to meet deadlines efficiently
- Experience at working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Professional and up-to-date qualifications from degree level and above
- Proficient in use of finance software, preferably Sage 200 and Xero
- Thorough understanding of financial trends and market patterns
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Effective and articulate, both in writing and by the spoken word
- Drive and determination (gets things done)
- Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks
- Enthusiastic and persuasive
- A knowledge of football desirable
All applications should include a covering letter along with a CV and current remuneration package – this should be emailed to Danny Macklin, Chief Executive, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The role will remain advertised until fulfilled, however interviews will commence in due course.