– Each home game (including the Papa John’s Trophy game versus Bristol Rovers on Tuesday 8th December) will see a new ballot system introduced.
– Season Card Holders will be asked to complete their entry into the ballot. Each ballot will have a short time-frame between opening and closing owing to the administration involved to co-ordinate a workable seating plan for each game that critically facilitates social distancing
– Season Card Holders are encouraged, where relevant to select a lead booker for a group of up to 6 people who will enter the ballots on behalf of that group
– Please note a separate ballot will take place for each home fixture. Once the deadline has passed, the Club will notify successful Season Card Holders via email. That email will include further information on the COVID-19 protocols and procedures that the Club is following and the requirement for each attending spectator to ensure we follow those.
– Within 24 hours of the fixture, successful Season Card Holder applicants will be emailed a digital match ticket for each person applied for. IT IS ESSENTIAL these tickets are either printed OR kept on a mobile device. At the gates, tickets will be scanned by staff
– Please note any duplicate tickets will be refused entry. We therefore urge fans to not reproduce their ticket as in doing so will restrict access to only the first person to present the ticket
– Those Season Card Holders un-successful in any ballot (or who opt not to enter that ballot) will still be able to gain access as part of their Season Card package to the Club’s enhanced streaming service, Orient Live (home league games only).